Modern photograph of original school house with addition added on at some point. The roof is modern; stove pipe in evidence. Framing of school bell on top of roof remains,
Dillon Brothers Construction building the Thornbury Continuation School at the corner of Elma St. South and Alfred St. West, where Beaver Valley Community Centre is now.
The Thornbury Continuation School included grades 1 to 12.
From left to right. Back row: Teacher Mary Conn, Harold McFee, Calvin Parks. Middle row: Sadie Sammons, Florence McNichol, Lloyd Rear, Audrey Cole, Maxine Hutchison, Doris Wilson, Ina Lanktree, Jean McAfee, Marjorie Wilson. Front: Melville Parks, Paul Cole, Harold Huthison, Glen Cole, Frank Dobson, Keith Cole, Mansell Parks.
The Ravenna School is now a home. It is the last building on the east side of the road as you travel south.
Front Row left to right seated: Russell Gould, Frank Wagg, Silas Wagg, Bill Knuff, Charlie Knuff, Myrtle Magill,
Alex Rush, George Conn, Jack Conn, Maggie McKnight, Leila McKnight, Athol Hudson, Sadie Hudson, Ed McGill.
Second Row: Fred Latter, Cora Latter, Maggie Magill, Mabel Magill, Jim McGowan, Eva Gekill, Susie Falconer, Joc Latter, Ross Fleming, Roy Conn, Viola McKnight, Villa Latter, Roy Fleming, Herb Heighs, Florence Knuff.
Third Row: Bill Weir, Herb Latter, Mae Brownlee, Fanny Irwin, Annie Rusk, Annie Weir, Edna Heighs, Jessie Latter, Herb Conn, Bill Conn, Gertie Knuff, Minnie Knuff, Edith Weldrick (standing).
Fourth Row: Amie Ford, Mary Allcock, Bob Armstrong, Eva Conn, Martha Gekill, Herb Gould, Aggie Falkner, Annie Armstrong, Ed Falkner, Fred Theakston, Bill Poole, Hugh Magill, Jim Rusk.
Fifth Row: Lottie Carscadden, Maud McGill, Ida Gardiner, Bob Gardiner, Sara Walters, Bill McGill, Tom Armstrong,
Herb Stoughtenburg, Louie Allcock, Etta Carscadden, Harriett Gardiner, Maggie Black (teacher).
Mary Hallam (Lois Plummer's aunt), is the girl with the white collar, second row from the back in the centre. The older man may be John Gould from Ravenna. Mary possibly went to Duncan School?
Date: May 12, 1912. Back Row: Alfie Moscrop, Carl Devitt, Alva Shaw, Dawson Rolling, Eleanor Galloway, Earl Hewgill, Annie Spaul, George Lougheed, Edith Hempill. Third Row: Teacher Hazel Loucks, Harold Lougheed, Ida Rice, Earl Shaw, Evelyn Lougheed, Joe Moscrop, Pearl Fawcett, Edgar Green, Alma Shaw, Roy Lougheed. Second Row: Elsie Marritt, Mary Halma, Victor Marritt, Helen Gekill, Lena Croft, Robert McCluskey, Reita Marritt, Leslie Fiegehen, Ethel Gekill. Front Row: Aleda Fiegehen, Carl Rice, Orel Lougheed, Hector Goldsmith, Vera Shaw, Bertie Shaw, Mildred Dean, Carl Marritt, Enid Fiegehen. This photograph printed on page 89, in "The Little Schools of Grey," by Mildred Young Hubbert, published in 1982. This book is available at the Craigleith Heritage Depot.
The Craigleith Community Centre, formerly a school, was built in 1862. From 1862 to 1968 this building served as school, though in 1893 it was destroyed by a fire and rebuilt (Garrad, 1990). From 1968 to now it has served as The Craigleith Community Centre.
The Craigleith Community Centre, located at 123 Lakeshore Road in Craigleith has been a long standing heritage building. The building was built in 1862 as a school and was Craigleith's first and only stone public building (Garrad, 1993). For a more detailed photo of the Centre please refer to the picture, "Craigleith Community Centre" ID: 67.
The Ravenna Community Hall is located at 628299 on Grey Road 119, next to the intersection of Grey Road 119 and Grey Road 2. The long standing Community Hall is available to be rented for events and functions. It is located next to the Ravenna Park and is adjacent from the Ravenna General Store. Please see second photo titled: "Ravenna Community Hall, Side View," image ID: 89.
The Ravenna Community Hall is located at 628299 on Grey Road 119, next to the intersection of Grey Road 119 and Grey Road 2. The long standing Community Hall is avalable to be rented for events and functions. It is located next to the Ravenna Park and is adjacent from the Ravenna General Store. Please see first photo for front view, titled: "Ravenna Community Hall, Front View," image ID: 88.
This photograph is of the school house on the corner of Poplar sideroad and concession 10 N Nottawasaga. The photograph was taken in 1975.